Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Does MaxiSys 908 pro updates worth the m...
Does MaxiSys 908 pro updates worth the money ?

1570 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2018-09-15 00:51:28

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84
    2018-09-14 07:53:09
     Hello guys,
    I have been using MaxiSys908 pro for more than 2 years, currently its out of date more than a year ago and since the updates is expensive (at least in my opinion) I wanted to ask who is using this up to date device, is it worth the update knowing that I'm an "Amercian cars mechanic" and I use it to diagnose certain categories only (GM Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ford) do you guys recommend me to update it or pay more and go for OEM scanners ?

Thanks in advance for all who will try to answer and help me

Cheers

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-09-15 00:51:28 (Reply to:Champ84)

I think it is only worth paying to keep it fully updated if you work at a Body Shop and see  a lot of collision damaged cars BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Volkswagen and use the Online programming offered on a weekly basis. I work on mostly USA and Asian cars and bought an almost new MS908 P used for $1500 with close to a year of updates remaining and tried the programming it offered for a 2006 BMWX5, but when I checked what was available in updated files, I found that no newer reflashes were available over what the vehicle already possessed. I thought about what could happen if things were to go wrong reflashing a Hi end car with 2nd party files downloaded off  a server in China.
      I have had some issues with Honda / Acura ABS data display was broken and not getting the VSA neutralization procedure to work with some models. With some Nissan models I had 3 choices and only the last choice allowed proper communication and scanning of car modules.
      I think $700 instead of $1200 would be a fair price for a year of updates for the Pro if they gave you a cheaper  option to update car makes and just forgo server access to the BMW, Benz , and VW Programming , but still be able to do advanced coding and use the Maxi Flash Elite VCI as a J2534 pass through off a Windows laptop with a purchased Sub from a domestic or Asian car maker. 

Total1 Pages